Monday 3 May 2010

I had intended to post a couple of weeks ago but for some reason blogger doesnt work at home.
Last month I had a huge computer meltdown where some malware took over everything leading to me having to reformat the HD, I lost my hand history database which is inconvenient but a fresh start is nice.
April wasnt a great poker month for me and id guess i just about broke even. Theres nothing realy interesting to say on that front other than I had to withdraw a bit to pay for the car so im playing off around 7k. Im gona step down to 100nl for a bit as loseing a couple of thousand would be a big deal to me atm.

Now onto my favourite subject right now,I have some awesome pics on my phone of me using a hot water bottle, shoelaces and jump leads to try and start it but ive lost the cable to get them off.

As I hinted the car has some starting problems, thankfully this has been partially rectified by cleaning up the starter motor connections and fitting a choke cable (above).

Choke pull fitted next to battery issolator switch.

Old steering wheel.

New d-type steering wheel giving more leg room. There also a removable steering wheel boss in the pipeline which will give me more room and makes the car more secure.

Daytime running lights fitted.

Managed to leave the fuel cap off at the petrol station so currently stuffed with a rag.

Bought some toggle switches for when i get around to replacing the dash which could do with a spruce up.

One of the racing tyres has a slow puncture so needs replacing.

2 comments:

Truthans said...

rooooarrrr! Although it's not really important I guess, I would like to know how quick one of these go?

isaac said...

I dont actually know the numbers, the engine was rebored to a 1.7l about 5 years ago and produces about 130bhp. Which doesnt sound a huge amount but considering it weighs around 600kg it flies.
When i get it on a track ill let you know what it maxes out at.